Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Collective insanity

Here's an interesting perspective by Washington Post columnist Courtland Milloy on yesterday's State of the Union address.


To one degree or another, the nation appears afflicted with "generalized anxiety disorder," which the NIMH says shows up as "exaggerated worry and tension, even when there is little or nothing to provoke it." . . . My fellow Americans, ask yourself: How strong can the state of the union really be if our minds are so unsound?
 
Note to readers: Most of you are located in North America, specifically the United States, which is why I don't bother to explain what the State of the Union speech is. I don't have any political affiliation, and I'm not even particularly interested in US politics. I like to pick and choose what is interesting to blog about and I don't endorse any one political party. (Like the old joke, it only encourages them.) I used to be very involved in politics, both as a paid worker and as a volunteer, but that was then and this is now. My passion these days is schizophrenia. Seriously, that's about it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I am no longer approving comments. All I ask is that you be respectful of others and refrain from using profanity.