Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A holistic dilemma

This morning before going to work I knocked on Chris's door while clutching a bottle of Omega 3 in my hands. I was pleased to reinforce to him the report published in the February issue of the Archives of General Psychiatry, that patients who took fish oil capsules had fewer symptoms of psychosis and better functioning than those who took a placebo.

"But, according to Olga Kharitidi in The Master of Lucid Dreams, I'm supposed to embrace my psychotic episodes," he objected.

Does he not get the idea or do I not get the idea? I also gave him that book. I realize there is a contradiction here, a double message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am no longer approving comments. All I ask is that you be respectful of others and refrain from using profanity.