Thursday, September 26, 2013

The future of healing

I normally don't like to post video or audio links, but I thought I'd make an exception this time to show the best way I know how families can support recovery and become fierce advocates for our relatives. See the link below. While you're at it, check out more of Dr. Breggin's interviews. He's not just that guy who warns about the dangers of psychiatric drugs. 




The Dr. Peter Breggin Hour – 09/11/13


about_profiles_jennThis is the future of healing.  My guest Jennifer Maurer is Managing Director of Mother Bear: Families for Mental Health–the good family support network that is helping families heal together with respect and empathy for all. Learn about MotherBearCan.org. You may want to participate or to support this incredibly forward-looking nonprofit network of caring human beings.

2 comments:

  1. Rossa,

    IMO, Jennifer Maurer and the Mother Bear organization are doing some great work, and I'm grateful Dr. Breggin is getting the word out!

    IMO, Breggin is not only the 'conscience of psychiatry', but the 'heart of psychiatry' as well... an empathetic soul.

    Be well,

    Duane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Duane. Glad to see you are still with me, since I haven't been posting much lately. I hadn't realized that Peter Breggin was not just about the meds until I came across his audio interviews.

      Delete

I am no longer approving comments. All I ask is that you be respectful of others and refrain from using profanity.