Monday, November 14, 2011

Are you there Agent? It's me, Mother.

I know this excuse is getting old, fast, but the reason why I'm merely passing on information these days is because I continue to work on edits on Holistic Recovery from Schizophrenia: A Mother and Son Journey. It's been exactly three months since I sent the book proposal to the agent.

               Surely some revelation is at hand;
               Surely the Second Coming is at hand.

In the meantime, I blog, I edit, I Twitter, but I'd prefer some solid evidence from an agent that my memoir has a universal appeal.


ABILIFY = DISABILIFY Thanks to Bristol Myers Squibb for a "wonder drug" that may only be better than a placebo. Andy Behrman, a former spokesman for Abilify and Bristol Myers Squibb, and author of ElectroBoy: A Memoir of Mania, discusses his side effects from Abilify, the "wonder drug" of Bristol Myers Squibb. From YouTube

Are Psychiatric Medications Making Us Sicker? Read yet another article on this subject here.

Louise Gillett recounts her reaction when she went to a Rethink meeting recently in London.She raises some interesting questions about how independent these organizations really are, and how little objection was raised during the meeting to the medications. But I have the feeling that a lot of sufferers and their families are accepting the label and the medication because they come with the safety net of the benefits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am no longer approving comments. All I ask is that you be respectful of others and refrain from using profanity.