Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Laughter is the best medicine

I need more laughs in my life, I've decided. Let me put this in context. In the city where I live, I notice that nobody smiles. It's not just me who has noticed this. Life is very serious here, apparently. I have lived in the same apartment block for thirteen years and only nod to the neighbours when we meet in the elevator. They give me a wan smile in return.

Now that Chris is well on the road to full recovery, ironically I am feeling sicker. I have spent the past few years reading, almost exclusively, psychiatric literature. Not many laughs there. I need a break.

For my birthday, Chris gave me Adrian Mole: The Prostrate Years. I've been a big fan of Adrian since he was aged 13 3/4. I laughed my way through the latest book in two sittings.

What tickles your funny bone?

1 comment:

I am no longer approving comments. All I ask is that you be respectful of others and refrain from using profanity.